Bruno Fernandes lights up Old Trafford as Manchester United secure derby win over City
The Red Devils completed the double over their rivals for the first time since Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement
As the rain returned, pelting down over Old Trafford, the home crowd were up to applaud their new maestro. It will not be remarkable news that Bruno Fernandes once again delivered a decisive performance for Manchester United.
That he was luminary on an evening when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side completed a league double over Manchester City for the first time since Alex Ferguson retired, a feat last achieved in 2009-10, was more distinguishable.
The terraces thundered at the final whistle, the noise not only signifying the importance of the result, but the magnitude of the performance.
In keeping with the other episodes of this season’s Manchester derbies, there were shades of the unexpected – none more so than Pep Guardiola’s men being thoroughly outplayed.
The tone was set early on through Anthony Martial’s excellent defensive header inside his own six-yard box under pressure from Nicolas Otamendi. Fred followed up that unforeseen piece of play by nutmegging Oleksandr Zinchenko and the shredding of the script continued on the half-hour mark.
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Khuất Sở Tiêu trong 'Lưu lạc địa cầu' gây bão mạng xã hội Trung Quốc
- 460HP LOTUS EXIGE S 3.5 V6 SUPERCHARGED POV Test Drive by AutoTopNL
- Phó Thủ tướng Vương Đình Huệ làm Bí thư Thành ủy Hà Nội | THDT
- THVL | Chủ tịch Triều Tiên Kim Jong Un bắt đầu chuyến công du Việt Nam
- U.S. Officials Say Kim Jong Un May Be Incapacitated After Surgery | NBC Nightly News