With the World Health Organization (WHO) officially declaring COVID-19 a global pandemic on Wednesday, countries around the world are taking drastic new measures in hopes of slowing the spread. Crystal Goomansingh has the latest details.
In other COVID-19 news, the Canadian federal government is ramping up its COVID-19 response. David Akin looks at how the $1 billion package will be spent, and whether Canada plans to follow other governments by implementing travel bans and cancelling large public gatherings.
Hospitals across Canada are already struggling and at overcapacity. And with COVID-19 cases expected to soar, how are these facilities preparing? Heather Yourex-West reports.
In U.S. political news, former U.S. Vice-President Joe Biden has now cemented his position as the frontrunner in the Democratic presidential race. Abigail Bimman explains how Biden’s chief opponent, Sen. Bernie Sanders, is still in it to win it.
And amid the COVID-19 pandemic, medical experts are urging everyone to take a proactive approach and practice social distancing. Mike Drolet explains what it is, how it’s aimed at flattening the curve of the outbreak, and how it will impact people’s daily lives.
For more info, please go to
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE:
Like Global News on Facebook HERE:
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE:
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE:
#Coronavirus #Health #GlobalNews
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Khuất Sở Tiêu trong 'Lưu lạc địa cầu' gây bão mạng xã hội Trung Quốc
- 460HP LOTUS EXIGE S 3.5 V6 SUPERCHARGED POV Test Drive by AutoTopNL
- Phó Thủ tướng Vương Đình Huệ làm Bí thư Thành ủy Hà Nội | THDT
- THVL | Chủ tịch Triều Tiên Kim Jong Un bắt đầu chuyến công du Việt Nam
- U.S. Officials Say Kim Jong Un May Be Incapacitated After Surgery | NBC Nightly News